I’m stepping away from my desk until the middle of next week, so I’ll leave you with links to some of my recent (and in the case of the Visual Thesaurus, not-so-recent but finally un-paywalled) writing.
For Strong Language:
- “Sluts,” a deep-ish dive into the history of a wanton word that’s being reclaimed in brand names. This post expands on my 2012 exploration of the same topic.
F*ck Trump liquid lipstick from Lipslut
- “Don’t Focus-Group That Name”
- “What Makes a Bad Name Bad?”
- “Writing Lessons from Warren Buffett”
- “The Forbidden Letters”
For the Visual Thesaurus (released from paywall):
- My February column on the changing meanings of influence and influencer.